A good office renovation benefits a business in various ways ranging from boosting employee morale to leaving clients with a good impression of you and your company. Despite the expenses and stress an office renovation could potentially bring, it does pay itself off by offering plenty of advantages that bring positive effects further down the track.
A right-fit office renovation is not an easy task, and it requires proper and comprehensive planning beforehand. Also, choosing the right contractors for your office renovation is particularly important. Those are the two main factors for a successful office renovation; getting both achieved can ensure your office renovation runs smoothly and finishes within a set timeframe.
Based on many years of office and shop space renovation experience, we have several office renovation ideas that will help you through the whole process.
Going ergonomic is the best choice for office refurbishment. Ergonomic pieces like keyboards, desks, and chairs are an investment in style, health, and productivity.
Ergo, furniture minimises pain. Keyboards that fit the natural curve of your hand provide better support for your wrists. As well this type of furniture promotes good posture, which in turn supports good health in the office.
Employees who work in comfortable environments deliver higher quality work. They have fewer distractions–pain and discomfort–which leads to a boost in productivity.
Green Up The Office
Moving your office to be more ‘green’ both in colour and footprint will make a difference to both your employees and the environment. ‘Going Green’ has been shown to have a positive effect on employee morale. Eco-friendly doesn’t have to mean cutting back, though, a few small changes can make a big difference.
Plants are an obvious contender. Research shows that just a single green plant in a workspace can have a significant impact on stress, anxiety, and depression. Other good ways to reduce your ecological footprint are switching out lights to LEDs or CFLs, turning off devices when not in use, and keeping printing to a minimum.
Incorporate a New Colour Scheme
The colours we are surrounded by have a profound influence on mood and mental state. Bland, utilitarian colours risk making people feel disconnected; dark colours, such as black, on the other hand, create an atmosphere of authoritarian regimes, whereas bright and vivid colours can be distracting. The key is to find balance.
Natural, earthy blues and greens are great at stimulating creativity and evoking feelings of optimism, while yellows and oranges create feelings of happiness, warmth, and energy.
Integrate the open-plan type of workspace
Offices with open plans are increasingly becoming more popular. The modern-day work environment demands a greater focus on enhanced collaboration and communication between employees. While open-office plans have been in use for many years now, their popularity is growing.
Although some critics argue that open plans can kill employee productivity due to interruption and noise, if implemented the right way, you can have a good balance between openness and privacy. You can achieve this by installing half partitions.
They’ll allow employees to collaborate and communicate while standing. Installing half partitions allow for privacy and still make it possible for employees to collaborate as needed.
You can also create an open-plan office design by using frosted partitions or office partitions that come with decorative films while still allowing for privacy. Such partitions create an appealing workspace.
Invest in creative wall art
Most people overlook the walls of their offices. However, you can make your office harmonious, textured, distinct, and polished by adding well-design and carefully crafted wall art.
Whether you’ll use the wall art for branding or as motivational designs and images, it’ll transform the walls from dull to bright.
You can also have your company’s logo printed on the wallpaper or create colourful patterns, geometric graphics, and business visions.
Renovating The Bathroom
The office bathroom design is often disregarded in an office renovation. Still, studies show that a new bathroom is one of the most impactful places you can improve to increase your overall office morale.
Begin by thinking about the colour and materials. Light colours are good at creating a feeling of cleanliness, but they also show up the inevitable dirt and grime. Select materials that are both easy to keep clean but aren’t susceptible to staining. Another element to think about is fixtures. Commercial bathrooms are prone to using commercial fixtures, which tend to have a cold and industrial feel. Seeking out fixtures with more warming, the homely aesthetic will encourage staff to feel more relaxed.
The Mirror Effect
Adding mirrors does more than refine the look of a small business office; they make a small office space look larger.
Try mounting mirrors near the windows. They reflect the outdoors and give the room an open feel. You could also add floor-length mirrors. They draw the eyes upward and add brightness to the room.
Use light as art
Maximising natural lighting is great for enhancing the work environment. Research shows that employees who receive more amounts of natural light are more productive than those who don’t work under natural light. Natural lighting works by reducing stress, reducing energy use, and minimising illnesses.
You can also use it as fine art. You can make creative designs from light by making statement pieces and interactive sculptures out of it while still giving all its other benefits.
Ensure there’s enough level of lighting in different work areas. Remember to adhere to any local lighting standards for workplaces.
Use plants to drive productivity
Live plants are a great way to bring some of the outdoors inside the workplace. The presence of nature in the workplace has been shown to increase productivity and creativity.
Plants and living walls strategically placed in an office space make for a more pleasant and healthy working environment. Choose plants that require less care.
Since you’ll be planting them indoors, select species that do well with less water and sunlight.
Bamboo wallpaper, pictures of plants, and natural materials like unfinished wood are all great ways to bring the outdoors inside the office.
Professionals should handle any office remodelling. It’s a great way to inspire both your team and yourself. Redesigning your workplace to make it more modern is a cause for celebration. Employees will be more invested in making their new workplace comfortable and productive if they have a hand in designing it themselves. As we have seen, a workplace remodel is not something that can be initiated at random. However, as we’ve seen in this piece, you can succeed in your office renovation endeavours with careful planning and the assistance of a professional. The aforementioned improvements are some of the most crucial office renovation ideas that can boost productivity and make your office a more welcoming environment for clients.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you’re thinking about consulting with an expert redesign crew. When it comes to renovating your workplace, we are convinced that we can meet or exceed your expectations in both cost and timeliness.
Renovating your office can be a great way to refresh your workspace, increase productivity, and make a better impression on clients. Here are some office renovation ideas that could inspire you:
- Open Floor Plan: An open office design can enhance collaboration and communication among employees. It also makes the office space look more spacious and welcoming.
- Incorporate Natural Light: Wherever possible, take advantage of natural light. Large windows can make the office feel brighter and bigger and can also contribute to employee well-being.
- Ergonomic Workspaces: Ensure your office furniture is comfortable and supports good posture. Ergonomic chairs, standing desks, and properly positioned computer screens can make a significant difference in employee comfort and productivity.
- Breakout Spaces: Provide areas where employees can relax, have informal meetings, or work in a more casual setting. This could be a lounge area with comfortable seating or a cafe-style space with high stools and tables.
- Colour Psychology: Use colours that stimulate productivity and create a welcoming environment. For instance, blue can stimulate the mind, yellow can inspire creativity, and green can create a calming atmosphere.
- Biophilic Design: Incorporate elements of nature into your office design. This could be through indoor plants, a small indoor water feature, or using natural materials like wood and stone.
- Technology Integration: Make sure your office design incorporates the technology your team uses. This could include ample outlets for laptops and phones, a dedicated area for video conferences, or built-in charging stations.
- Brand Incorporation: Use your brand colours and logo in your office design to reinforce your company identity. This could be through wall colours, artwork, or custom-made furniture in your brand colours.
- Storage Solutions: Efficient storage can help keep the office tidy and functional. Consider built-in shelving, filing cabinets, or multi-functional furniture with built-in storage.
- Acoustic Considerations: If your office is open-plan, consider incorporating acoustic panels or screens to help absorb sound and create quieter zones for focused work.
Office renovation is a significant undertaking, so it’s important to plan carefully, consider your team’s needs, and consult with design professionals. The result will be a workspace that’s not only aesthetically pleasing but also functional and inspiring for your team.